Saturday, January 8, 2011

Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords (D - AZ 8) - Updated

 1:35 pm Arizona Time *UPDATE* CNN and other news organizations have backed off of their earlier statements that Rep. Giffords was killed.  Current reports state that she is in surgery and that her condition is unknown.

I want to apologize to the Giffords family for any harm I may have caused by my statements below.  This is one of the drawbacks of blogging, going with the information at hand and with emotions running high.



CNN has confirmed that newly reelected Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords (D - AZ 8) was assassinated today while holding a constituent gathering in Tuscon.

First, please let me extend my very heartfelt condolences to the family of Rep. Giffords.  No one should lose a family member to violence, let alone an assassination.

Second, let us be very clear, this was an assassination.

I will update this as the day goes and I get my thoughts organized more clearly.  This heinous act has rattled me just as much as the attempted assassination of President Reagan.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, please be civil and don't spam.