Sunday, February 6, 2011

The 2011 Super Bowl Commercials - The Favorites

As I write this, there is approximately 13 minutes left in Super Bowl XLV (that's 45 for those who don't read Roman numerals) with the Packers up 28 to 17 over the Steelers and I am ready to declare my favorite Super Bowl commercial.

My only criteria are creativity and brand focus.  Two commercials really stood out to me this year.  Both were creative, told a nice story, but you will be talking about the brands as well, unlike so many other commercials this year.

The runner up is Imported From Detroit by Chrysler.  With a ton of car commercials from a ton of different car companies, this ad really stood out to me.  Incorporating the back beat from Eminem's Lose Yourself and the images of Detroit, you will understand why I thought this car ad was leagues above the others.



But my favorite ad of the night made me think it was for a new World of Warcraft type game.  Boy was I pleasantly surprised to find out it was an ad for Coca Cola.  Pepsi could learn a thing or two from Coca Cola in creating memorable ads that don't suck and that people will be talking about at the water cooler on Monday.  Take a look at Siege for yourself and see what I mean.




Let me know what you think the best ad or ads were in the comments below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, please be civil and don't spam.