Tuesday, February 3, 2015

Bariatric Surgery: The Big and Very Personal News

For the last 27 years I have been struggling with my weight.  I went from a skinny teenager to an overweight adult almost overnight.  And while I have done diets and diet pills, I have continued to add weight.  In fact, in the last 14 years, I gained over 100 pounds to top out at 400 pounds.  That amount of weight is killing me.

Though I am down to 366, thanks to getting more exercise thanks to my new dog and waterpills, I have not been able to lose any more weight.  So, this past Tuesday, January 27th, I had a lengthy consult with a bariatric surgeon.  If all goes well and I jump through enough hoops for Medicaid, I will have a bariatric procedure known as "Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass" come September.

This is a drastic step, but it is a necessary one.  I thank you all in advance for your support.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, please be civil and don't spam.