Thursday, May 7, 2015

Fucking Fantastic News!

A few weeks ago I informed you that I would not be able to get bariatric surgery due to my numerous mental issues.  I was crushed.  It took a few days for me to get over that rejection.

Today though, I have great news.  Yesterday I had an appeals hearing to see if I could Social Security Disability Income (SSDI) or Supplemental Security Income (SSI).  To say the least, the administrative law judge approved me for SSI!  I am so happy.  Not only do I have Medicaid to help cover the costs of my mental and physical health needs, I will now have SSI to help pay some of my bills.

SSI isn't a lot, but its more than enough to make things much more comfortable for me.  Its too bad that we have politicians who think that people like me are just playing and mooching off the system.  That we are deadbeats who deserve scorn and contempt, not compassion and help.

No comments:

Post a Comment

When you comment, please be civil and don't spam.